Definition of titration
Titration is a volumetric method used for the quantitative analysis of a dissolved substance.
How to titrate?
Using a bulb pipette, a defined portion of a sample (liquid with an unknown fraction of dissolved material, e.g., acetic acid) is placed in an Erlenmeyer flask. After dilution with water, 3 drops of an indicator solution are added. Then, with continuous swirling, a suitable titrant of known concentration (e.g., 0.1 M NaOH) is added from a burette until a color change in the indicator signals the endpoint of the titration. Using the chemical equation and the volume of titrants used, the amount of substance dissolved in the sample can be calculated.
Range of application
It can be used in many applications for aqueous and non-aqueous solutions (e.g., alcoholic KOH) up to 1 M.
Parts that come into contact with liquid are made from various specially resistant materials, e.g., borosilicate glass, PTFE, platinum-iridium, Al2O3 ceramic.
- Light, flexible burette with compact design and high accuracy;
- Smooth running operation with large, easy grip hand wheels for sensitive, dropwise titration;
- Easier use: Adjustment with easy calibration, calibration schedule to save a date for the next calibration, save power with Automatic Off function, change decimal place settings;
- Easy to dismantle: Cleaning, maintenance and part replacement;
- PC interface (optional) – for data transmission directly to a PC, which eliminates transmission errors during transcription of the primary data to fulfil important GLP requirements.
Titrate quickly and reliably with high precision, even in close quarters, with no power connection needed.
The Titrette® has an innovative measuring system – tight error limits (relate to the nominal volume) of class A glass burettes as per DIN EN ISO 385 are met.
The set includes:
Titrette® bottle-top burette, conformity certified, supplied with performance certificate, telescopic filling tube (170 to 330 mm), recirculation tube, two micro batteries (AAA/UM4/LR03), three bottle adapters PP (GL 45/32, GL 45/S 40 and GL 32/NS 29/32), two coloured light shield inspection windows and operating manual. Additional items supplied when ordering the Titrette® with PC interface: Connector cable – Sub-D plug connector, 9 pin – and a CD with driver software, communication protocol, example application and special operating manual.